Friday, August 1, 2008

We are going to have fun, dang it!

Yesterday, I was going to be such a nice mom and take my kids to the Splash Park in Rexburg.

When we got there, they played for about 5-10 minutes and then laid on the cement and whined that they were cold.

This is the part of motherhood that I need to work on. I was actually pretty mad. They were only kids that weren't having a blast, little babies were laying on the fountains just loving it.

I had this little vision of my kids having so much fun (because I would have been loving it if I were a kid!)

So, after a little while of getting mad and them whining we decided to go the regular playground next to it, and then they had a blast.

So, I guess my lesson is that I should be more like my sister-in-law Sherry and make it their problem if they aren't having fun. It shouldn't affect me, right!? I should let them go on their own pace and decide what is fun to them (and not force them to have fun!). It's just hard because water memories are some of my best memories of childhood, and I want that for my kids too.

Also, it doesn't make me use my time to take them fun places!

Anyway, here are some pics of when they did play for a minute:
















































My other fun thing yesterday was going to the War Bonnett Rodeo and Colin Raye concert with my mother-in-law. That was a lot of fun. I was even on the jumbo-tron a couple of times.


Thanks Verna Rae!




4 comments:

  1. I always forget that the water park is up in Rexburg. Maybe in the next couple of weeks I will have to take my kids. And I am jealous that you went to the rodeo/concert!! I had been wanting to go but Russ didn't want to so much so we didn't get tickets. Sound like you had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Are we having fun yet?" Sounds like your kids didn't enjoy the water park so much. Maybe they need to be thrown in to more colder water situations---like out of a canoe maybe? Maybe then they would appreciate it more! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when that happens. You think it will be a blast, and your kids are miserable. I would've been mad too. Glad you were able to go over and play in the regular park. The rodeo looks fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like this everytime I plan something fun. I swear everytime I'm getting us in the car and Gage is screaming I wonder why I even try. Or when we are in the middle of something fun and he his screaming and crying. But I try to remember that in these moments we are bonding i know it's cheezy but I think this is how we grow closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!