Thursday, July 31, 2008
"Push swing!" I know that isn't much for a 2 1/2 year old, but for me it was a victory. Communication!
Having been blessed with two terrific talkers, I wasn't sure what to do when Tyce came along.
You know the stage when babies are about 15-18 months old, and things get frusturating right before they are able to talk. Well, we have been in that stage for about 15 months.
Luckily, we were blessed to be able to catch it early and to get his ear tubes in and get him into the infant toddler program. This is a wonderful free program where therapists come to our house once a week and help Tyce with his speech. Rian started coming a couple of months ago, and Tyce has made so much progress with his speech. I've always taken for granted the gift of talking, but now I know what a blessing it is.
Tyce is very proud of himself that he is starting to communicate with us.
Keep it up big guy!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Brandon's cousin from Seattle came this week, and when they got ready to leave she said, "Since you are the boyfriend and I am the girlfriend, we are going to be married, Ok!"
That will make for some interesting granchildren.
Then Creighton and Brandon came home from a friends house and Brandon told me that Creighton had kissed Livy when he was over there and he was kissing Hattie on the trampoline right now. (see Creighton and Hattie in previous blog!)
So, I look out and sure enough, they said to each, "Let's kiss!" and then they did.
I guess I should just enjoy it when it is cute and funny right now, and I'm not stressing out about what my teenage boys are doing!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
After a really looong winter (the first snow was the beginning of October and the last snow was mid-June), I was really looking forward to the goodness of summer. I decided to make a list as something to look it during my seasonal depression this year (halfway kidding!). So here goes:
Sunday, July 20, 2008
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules
3. Write six random things about yourself
4. Tag six people
5. Let each person you are tagging them by leaving them a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your blog entry is up
Here we go!!
Remember they are six random things--(pretty much the first things that come to my mind :))
1) I got voted most likely to not have any white walls at my last family reunion. I have 12 different colors of paint around my house right now! For coming from a white-walled home I somehow am not fearful when it comes to color! Sometimes I could use a little fear (like when I painted my trim and the color of my laundry room isn't my favorite). I do like the rest of my color though.
2) I am not sentimental when it comes to things. I love to throw away and clean things out. Even though you couldn't tell with my cluttered house.
However, I married the opposite of myself you literally gets sick when it comes to throwing away something you paid actual money for. Right now I think I could throw away 70% of my closet. Does anyone want to nominate me for What not to Wear so I can get a new wardrobe?
3) I have had 5 callings in the last 5 years since we moved into our house: Sunbeams, Activity Days, Nursery, Beehive Advisor, and 2nd Counselor in YW's.
4) I really want a girl. I know I should be Ok if I don't get one, and I should be grateful for my healthy children (and I am), but I'm really going to be REALLY sad and going to Tina for moral support if I don't get one. I want to see what a John baby girl would look like.
5) Like paint colors, I get sick of my hair and like it to change it up a lot (that should be a blog in itself, complete with pictures). I've done super short, dark, light, curly, etc. The only thing I've never really done very well is have it long enough for a pony tail. Right now I am trying to do that. I don't need super-long, just long enough to put it in a pony that doesn't fall out. Any advice for that spontaneous day when I can't stand it and chop it all off?
6) Here is a list of jobs I have had in my life: JJ Norths, Afterthoughts (for one day doing inventory), Starlite Skating, Tautphaus Park Ice Rink, Target, Sears Telemarketing, Waste Connections, MailBoxes, Etc, Disability Resource Center, John and John Acct.
People I'm tagging: Kristen, Krista, Diana, Sharon, Kami, Teasha
Friday, July 18, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Sunday, July 13, 2008
the most out of life.
I'm grateful that Grandma Ann was a wonderful companion to Grandpa Reeve during these many years and I'm grateful to have known her. She is definitely a life that has touched mine for good. I love you Grandma Ann!
I was also touched at church by a comment made in Relief Society. A sister that has just moved into the ward commented on how she had never felt such a welcome of love and the spirit of God in any ward before. Sometimes I take for granted what a wonderful neighborhood and city I live in. I'm grateful for good friends the good friends that my children have whenever they open the door. God has blessed me and my family!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
If anyone has been to my house, you know I love the 4th of July! Who can beat parades, BBQ's water games, and fireworks?
Especially after such a long winter, we are going to enjoy every minute of summer this year.
As you can see, my kids were hot during the parade, but it was worth it to get all of that candy!
My kids were pretty tired after a hard day of playing, but it's unAmerican to miss the fireworks.
So, we borrowed my dads truck and found a side street to park on. (We found out the next day that a pipe bomb was detonated about 1 1/2 blocks from our where we parked.)
Tyce was melting down during the finale, so we left and were home by 10:50.
The next day we went boating with Tristan's aunt and uncle. Tristan and Tyce stayed for 2 hours. The rest of us stayed for 9 hours. The next in the paper there was another report saying there was a boating accident at the same place we were. I guess we were being watched over that weekend!
Our other exciting news is that our basement is almost finished. Last night every last door and touch-up was finally and completely painted. I don't care if I see another spot, we are done!
My dad is working on our vanity, and we have carpet coming on August 1st! We are so excited to have our living room, bedroom, and garage back instead of being storage!