Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
A couple of years ago in Young Women, Mirinda Taylor told me about how perfectly the song Breath of Heaven go with The Nativity movie. We showed it our girls before Christmas and I show it when it is my turn to host the Christmas Eve party.
It's amazing how perfectly the words and song fit with this video.
Enjoy if you have time!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
He asked me out at a 7th grade dance, but I had to tell him we were too young. We were kind of distant friends for a while, and then he asked me out again when I turned 16. We dated a few other people, but were mostly together ever since.
We got engaged on September 11th,1999 (two weeks after he got home) and married on December 17th 1999.
Last dance, Senior Commencement in a Limo
He was pretty hot with a tan after umpiring all summer. (He's still hot with his Mormon dad tan!)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
But, then we think we've already spent too much already, we should really do that next year.
This year the same thing happened, but we decided just to save one gift each for their Birthdays and let the kids draw names.
Giving gifts is really one of the best parts of Christmas. There is nothing like anticipating watching someone open that gift that you thought so much about.
So, we drew names. I took Tyce to buy Brandon's while Creighton was at preschool. Since he is still clueless, it was easy.
But, tonight I took Creighton with visions of him lovingly thinking about Tyce dancing in my head.
It is definitely a learning process for both child and parent. It is their present, even if the recipient would never play with it, or it is something the giver would want, or for $1 more you could get a way cooler thing, it is their decision.
Maybe next year the kids will be thinking more about what their person would want and mom can just let it go.
It's not the end of the world.
Do you exchange gifts at Christmas? Do you give suggestions or just let them go?
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
50 things you didn't know about me until you read this...
1.What color is your tooth brush? yellow and white
2. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? shopping at Sam's Club, again
3. What is your favorite candy bar? Snickers
4. Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope
5. What is the last thing you said aloud? Go get your pajama's on
6. What is the best ice cream flavor? I just mixed crushed up candy cane in my ice cream. It was pretty tasty.
7. What is the last thing you had to drink? Water
8. What are you wearing right now? Yoga pants and a sweatshirt
9. What was the last thing you ate? Candy cane ice cream
10. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? No
11. When was the last time you ran? I don't run. I prefer other methods of exercise.
12. Who was the last person to send you a message/comment on your blog? Kristen Gourley, my friend from high school
13. Do you take vitamins daily? I do when I'm pregant
14. Do you go to church every Sunday? yes
15. Do you have a tan? Good one
16. Do you like Chinese food over pizza? Not usually
17. Do you drink soda with a straw? Don't really drink soda
18. What does your last text message say? Tyce is getting ear tubes. It was the first time I really texted. Tristan was at tax conference in SL and I was bored. He wasn't too happy that I texted him.
19. Are you someones best friend? Tristans
20. What are you doing tomorrow? Cleaning, going to a ward party
21. Where is your dad? Probably home
22. Look to your left, what do you see? Star Wars toys and Brandon
23. What color is your favorite pair of shoes? The ones I weart the most are blue. I need some new shoes.
24. Do you use chap stick? I just bought chapstick for the first time in forever at Sams Club. My kids eat and lose chapstick.
25. Whats your favorite thing to do in your free time? Read a book or be creative
26. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? Not at a lot of either, but more go in I guess
27. Do you have a dog? no thanks
28. Last guy you talked on the phone with? Tristan
29. Last girl you talked on the phone with? Jessica
30. Any fun vacation plans soon? not in the near future
31. Do you dye your hair? I do like my highlights, but try not to when I'm prego
32. Can you say the alphabet backwards? No
33. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Sure, It's me!
34. Are you jealous of anyone? Not at the moment.
35. Do you love anyone? Yes, lots of people
36. Do any of your friends have children? Duh
37. Do you use the word Hello daily? I think so, it's one of those words that you don't think about
38. Do you like cats? no, not really a pet person
39. Have you ever been to six flags? no
40. How did you get your worse scar? If you count stretch marks as a scar, being prego
41. What is your favorite smell? Chlorine and sunscreen
42. What is the last DVD you watched? Get Smart
243. Have you ever been to Disney world? Yes
44. What is your favorite number? Who has a favorite number?
45. Do you toast your pop tarts? I guess.
46. Have you ever waited tables? Yes
47. Where did you have your first kiss? My parents driveway
48. What should you be doing? putting rugrats to bed
49. Do you enjoy wasting time blogging? love it, but i don't count it as wasted time, because I keep up with friends and family this way
50. Who do you want to tag? Anyone who wants to do this too!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
It doesn't have to be an official ornament, you can hang most anything. This toy
Nativity Collection: Not as big as my mother-in-laws but we are getting a few.
Wouldn't my Beehive leader be impressed that I still have this!
Gift from my visiting teachers last year:
When Brandon was a toddler and kept wanting to play with my nice nativity, we
Julie gets crafty. I bought the snowman and Santa from Old Navy a few years ago
Got this on 40% off day at Roberts. Love it!
Fun solar-powered snowmen I got on clearance after Christmas last year.
I decided that now that my basement is finished that I might want to open presents down there. So Tristan got this deal on Black Friday. The bright lights are seashells to match my beach theme!
Well, thanks for humoring me. What does your house look like for Christmas?
Monday, December 1, 2008
Thank you for everyone to listening and caring about my sob story. (I'm pregnant, I'm allowed to be dramatic)
My dad found my camera. I don't know where.
I'm glad Heavenly Father cares about me and my lost camera.
Back in blogging business.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
The last time I had my camera was at my parents house, and I remember taking a picture of all of the grandkids right before we ate.
I set in on the counter and that is the last I remember. My mom hasn't found it (and I'm sure she has cleaned 10 times since then), it's not in my car.
The only other thing that happened was Tristan was dropping me off in front of Albertsons to check out a Redbox and I tried to get out too fast, caught my leg on my bag, and almost fell on my face. Maybe the camera was in there and fell out. I called Albertsons and they didn't have it in their lost and found.
I still believe that most people who live in IF (and especially Albertsons shoppers) would still turn in a camera if they happened to find it.
I hate losing things. I know money is just money, but I've only had that camera since last Christmas, plus the cost of the rechargable batteries, camera bag, etc. It makes me sick inside.
Plus, my husband has mastered the art of being dissapointed in me instead of yelling. Sometimes that is worse than being yelled at.
Who has the money to buy a new camera at Christmastime anyway. I feel naked without it.
You have to a camera!
So, as I am a very visual person, my blogging might slow down if I can't blog without pictures.
Please come back little camera. I miss you.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Faux Apple Pie to Girls Scouts Mint Cookies.
My sister-in-law Pam signed me and my other sister-in-law Megan up for a free
candy making class at the Sugar Shack.
It was so much fun. Just to put in some free advertising they have everything you need to make your own chocolates and candy. I thought they sold candy, not candy making supplies.
Anyway, she taught us how to make the Girl Scout Cookies out of Ritz. You just melt your chocolate, add creme de menthe flavoring and dip your Ritz in, then stick it in the freezer. They taste just like grasshopper cookies.
It was so excited I had to try them at home this afternoon with the boys and the Hermanson girls. They loved helping and they were gone in about 30 seconds.
Plus, I had a new ephiphany about birthdays. I hate frosting with a passion, but I decided I could make cute chocolates and put them on cupcakes. The molds were only $2 and they could go pick out whatever they want. Brilliant!