Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Reunion

This year the reunion on my side was at the Heber Valley Camp. My parents were in charge, and when told us it was at a girls camp, I was picturing a place that could hold one stake at a time. Nooo- this one is huge that has several different campsites to choose from. Several stakes could be there at once. I heard 2200 people could sleep there at one time. Volunteer couple missionaries run the place.
They have several challenge courses, a lake complete with kayaks etc., sandboxes for little kids. etc. etc. They thought of everything. We had two cabins that had 16 bunks each. Our pavillion had two sinks and two fridges. There was also an ice machine nearby. That is my kind of camping.

DSC06503_edited-1
Here is the sinking ship we are trying to escape from at the challenge course.
DSC06505

DSC06502
Here these cousins are trying to get away from the burning building.
DSC06499
They had a huge swing that I kind of freaked out about doing. It was pretty fun.
DSC06490

DSC06487

DSC06483

DSC06481

DSC06477
Here is the view from one the hike.
heber

DSC06467
The inside of our cabin.
DSC06464
Our familia by the lake.
DSC06461
Girl C chatting up with her cousin from down south.
DSC06453
Cool cousins.
DSC06450

DSC06446

DSC06445

If you are in need of a place for a family reunion, I would definetly recommend this place. I think it was only about $125 for all us to stay the night. It had a really neat spirit about it. This was President Hinckley's vision. Thanks for the great time my family!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! Joe's extended family had a reunion there a few years ago. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!