Thursday, March 5, 2009

Green Drink

Ok-here is a green drink I'm going to try that I got from my friend Katie to help with the sugar experiment (I hope you don't mind that I copied it)

OK so call me crazy but I have started making this Green drink and I actually like it. It is so healthy and full of vitamins. I drink it for breakfast and a morning snack. Your probably going to freak out when you see whats in it, but really you need to try it. Its good. I got Gage to take a few swallows and that's a lot of veggies for a 2 yr old. You can really use any veggies or fruit you like but this is the one I have tried. Blend in blender. I have been borrowing my moms Vita-mixer and it makes it so smooth which is nice so your not chewing chunks of stuff. Seriously try it.
1 Quart water
5 leaves collard greens
5 handfuls spring mix (organic stuff from Costco)
3 leaves Kale (curly part)
1 Fuji apple
1 1/2 bananas
5 strawberries
2 TBSP frozen pineapple juice
2 big handfuls sunflower seeds
1 cup ice

6 comments:

  1. Here is a little hint. Buy the frozen strawberries and eliminate the ice. This makes alot so you can half it. I sometimes just do 5 handfuls of a spring mix and 5 leaves of Kale with the banana, strawberries, and apple. The nuts are optional. Play with it and make it work for you. I really do love it, makes me feel healthy. I'm evcited to hear how you feel and like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds much to disgusting!! I don't even know if I could try to swallow it down!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that ain't happenin' No way no how!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom drinks this kind of stuff daily. I have had it. It actually isn't totally gross....but because I know what is in it it makes it less appetizing. Do you know what I mean? Every time she would come down when I was very sick in the beginning of my pregnancy with Tyson she would bring me one and make me drink it. Some of her concoctions are better than others (some fruits are better with the veggies).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say that Garrett loves them and Mitch likes them better than I do. Hailey won't touch it. Zach and Tyson will drink a little, but not as much as if we were having a real milk shake. So that is pretty good that all of us but Hailey will drink them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the recipe....not sure if I am brave enough to try it....but thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!