Sunday, July 5, 2009

She's like a princess...

We had a busy but fun weekend with the 4th of July and Capri's baby blessing. Like many of you have said, I love the 4th of July and I have been in Maryland, Utah, California, and Seattle for the 4th and nothing really beats the 4th of July here.

Here is B's favorite thing to do: Hold Capri. He would do it all day if she didn't cry.

We made a little patriotic treat.
Here is a cute little robe Jody gave Capri. Can I just tell you how much fun it is to dress a girl? It's my favorite part of the day. I want to take a picture of her with every outfit she wears!My sistas came for the blessing and the 4th. Here is Diana with my "twins".
And Rachelle with Capri.Hanging out at the parade.We have a big BBQ party at my bro-in-laws house. It's a big party complete with water baseball,and a water balloon launcher. Tristan took B to the fireworks while the rest went to bed. I was sad to miss it but it was for the good of the family. We'll be back next year!And then today we had our baby blessing for Capri. My amazing and talented friend and neighbor Joy made this beautiful blessing dress. No pattern, she just found a picture online. Isn't it so pretty? Just look at our family picture at the top. She is glowing like an angel! T saw her and said, "She is like a princess!" She didn't cry and Tristan did a great job on giving her the blessing. It is always an great experience and makes you remember what is important. I'm so grateful for my eternal family.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, she is a princess! What a cutie. It was so fun seeing you at the parade. I agree 100% that the 4th of July in IF is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That is funny that you said that you love dressing her and want to take a picture of every outfit she wears! We also have a picnic and play water baseball, where you have to slide into home on a slip n'slide. It is pretty fun watching the adults. The kids love it. Garrett got to be pitcher this year and thought that was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every year that I'm celebrating the 4th of July, I'm always wishing I was in IF. Seriously, it is the BEST place to celebrate! Your little Capri looks so cute. Her dress is gorgeous and she looks like she's so happy. Glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a little princess in her blessing dress!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!