Monday, May 3, 2010

B's Baptism

DSC05801
My oldest got baptized on Saturday. You could tell someone didn't want it to happen, as we were battling strep throat and ear infections a few days before, but luckily we were all healthy and smiling on Saturday.

DSC05789

I'm so glad I have a husband who honors his priesthood and was able to baptize B.

DSC05792
Brandon has always been senstive to the things of the spirit. There has been a few times he has been reading a book and hasn't liked the things written in them, and stopped reading them. He also caught me watching "Project Runway" and told me he didn't like how they were dressed. It took a prompting during watching General Conference for me to delete that show from my DVR.
I guess I'm a little more stubborn. (PS. I won't judge you if you watch that show :)
DSC05796
If he was like that before he got the gift of the Holy Ghost, he will be unstoppable now. I'm very proud of him.

He played a duet of "I am a child of God" with my mom for the program. It was so sweet to see them walking up together and holding hands. We came home a had a delicious brunch of donuts, bagels, fruit brucshetta, scones, bundt cake, and breakfast burritos.

It was a great day to see my oldest making such a great choice to be baptized. Thanks to all who came.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are all feeling better. Brandon has a special spirit about him. I always thought that when I was his primary teacher. I am so happy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day for your family. Congrats. Crazy that time has flown by and that you have an 8 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a gem! YOu have an awesome family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Brandon! Their duet was really good. I might use the brunch idea for Hailey's baptism next month.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!