Sunday, July 13, 2008

Remembering Grandma Ann and Gratitude


My heart is full today. When I got home from church there was a message from my mom saying that my (step) Grandma Ann had died before midnight last night.

I'm so grateful to have had her in my life. She married my grandpa when I was about 5 or 6.

A few years after that I was able to spend some time alone with Grandpa Reeve and Grandma Ann and she carefully showed me what every flower was in her beautiful yard and how much she loved her flowers.

I also had a step-grandma on my dad's side, and she would often take me shopping and buy me presents. These two women showed me in different ways that they loved and cared for me, and even though they never tried to replace my grandma's that I lost when I was young, they still loved and cared for me and wanted me to make

the most out of life.

I'm grateful that Grandma Ann was a wonderful companion to Grandpa Reeve during these many years and I'm grateful to have known her. She is definitely a life that has touched mine for good. I love you Grandma Ann!

I was also touched at church by a comment made in Relief Society. A sister that has just moved into the ward commented on how she had never felt such a welcome of love and the spirit of God in any ward before. Sometimes I take for granted what a wonderful neighborhood and city I live in. I'm grateful for good friends the good friends that my children have whenever they open the door. God has blessed me and my family!

1 comment:

  1. xbYay! Julie, I am so happy you have a blog. I sent you a permission to my blog awhile ago. Do you still have access? Email me if you need me to send you the invite again. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!