Friday, September 12, 2008

Our trip: Part Five: Meanwhile, back at the ranch in Idaho

We left our insurance card, hoping they wouldn't need to use it. But we were only gone a day or two before Brandon decided it would be a good idea to stick two erasers in his ear at school.

His teacher got one out, but she couldn't see the other one and he insisted it was still in there.

So, she called my mother-in-law and she came and got him from school. They couldn't get it out either, so they had to go see a doctor. That didn't really feel so good.



You would think that when you were six you wouldn't be sticking things in bodily orifices anymore, but what can you do? Luckily there was no damage, except for our pocket book.

Moral of the story: Don't stick things in your ears!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no.....I better have a talk with my kids. I could see them doing that. Glad he's alright. Mrs. Almond probably freaked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breanna told me one day that Brandon had to go home because he was sick--I thought he was sick but I guess not... I guess the blessing in that is at least it was something that was fixable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is funny! What kind of erasers did he stick in his ears? Glad everything was fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were just these teeny erasers like you would cut off from the top of a pencil. Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, those are tiny. I can't believe that. Not a fun experience I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your e-mail if you want to know my new blog address. Your comment will be hidden-don't worry!